UK MBBS Fee for Indian Students
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course from UK is a dream to many of the medical aspirants from across many countries. UK universities offer high quality education for the students. UK is known as highly preferred study locations for the MBBS course. Students aspiring to get MBBS admission in UK can check the course details, fee structure, and other details.
MBBS in UK – Complete Details
MBBS Courses Offered in the UK:
- BS (Bachelor of Science)
MBBS Admission Criteria
- Copies of attested 10+2 mark sheets
- Copies of test scores
- Certificate of Diploma in any field
- Updated CV
- Relevant work experience (if any)
- Proof of funds
Tests to Qualify to get MBBS admission in the UK
- BMAT/ UKCAT/NEET/GAMS
- Acceptable Tests for Indian Students
- Hulk York Medical School International Scholarship,
- Chevening Scholarship
- Rhodes scholarship
- Global Health Future Leaders Scholarship
- Imperial College Faculty of Medicine Scholarship
MBBS Course Duration
- 4-6 years
Average Tuition Fee in GBP
- 22,800 – 52,000 (Approx)
Average Annual Salary of MBBS Graduates in the UK [Approximately]
- 76,300 GBP per annum
MBBS in the UK
An MBBS Degree in UK is known as MB ChB or MB BCh. Based on the UK University the course name may differ. The course duration is 4-6 years. International students anticipating to study MBBS required to qualify BMAT/ UKCAT/NEET/GAMSAT entrance examinations. Indian students need to qualify in NEET examination.
Why Study MBBS in the UK?
The UK universities offer the best course curriculum, quality education, and world class infrastructure facilities for the international students. It is not required to clear the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination to practice in the UK after completion of the MBBS Course.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in the UK
- Who obtained MBBS degree from the UK can have more potential to earn than the students who obtained MBBS from the other countries.
- After the completion of the MBBS degree, the earning potential is very higher than that of Canada, Australia, and other countries.
- 43 universities situated in the UK feature in the top 650 medical universities in the world, as per QS News Ranking 2022-23.
Top Medical Colleges in the UK for Indian Students
|University Name||QS World University Rankings 2023||The World University Rankings 2023||Next Student Intake|
|University of Cambridge||2||3||October|
|University of Oxford||4||1||October|
|Imperial College London||6||10||January|
|The University of Edinburgh||15||29||January|
|The University of Manchester||28||54||January|
|King’s College London||37||35||September|
|The London School of Economics|
and Political Science (LSE)
|University of Bristol||61||76||January/July|
|The University of Warwick||64||104||September|
MBBS in UK Cost
It should be noted that the overall expense of obtaining an MBBS degree in the United Kingdom includes additional costs beyond just the tuition fee. The other cost components involved in studying in the UK include:
- Cost before admission into the university
- Tuition fee of the course
- Cost of living in the UK
A quick look at each of these would help us get a fair idea of the actual expenses involved in the process or the total cost of MBBS in the UK.
Cost Before Admission into the University
This is a single-time payment required from Indian students and needs to be made before the university that they have applied to accepts their application.
|Expense Incurred||Approx. Cost to the Student (in GBP)|
|Fee for IELTS Exam||142.48|
|Fee for NEET||142.49|
|Application Fee||Between 56.66 and 85.49|
|Fee for TOEFL Exam||133|
|Fee for Visa Application||330.51|