MBBS in Spain for Indian Students
Studying MBBS in Spain provides a great opportunity for medical students worldwide. If you want to become a successful doctor, you can complete your MBBS course in Spain. Spain has well-known medical universities that offer high-quality education to all students. Many candidates from different countries apply for MBBS in Spain due to the excellent prospects it offers.
Indian students will find it comfortable to study medicine in Spain because of the friendly environment. The medical colleges in Spain have experienced teachers who ensure a top-notch education system. These institutions are approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC), allowing Indian students to practice in India after completing their MBBS degree in Spain.
The duration of the MBBS course in Spain is 6 years, which includes a 1-year internship program. The course is conducted in English, so candidates don’t have to learn another language. However, to apply for the MBBS course in Spain, candidates must clear the NEET exam and score at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
MBBS in Spain Fees
As for the cost of studying MBBS in Spain, candidates need to pay around 3000-8000 USD per month (approximately), and there will be additional hostel fees of 200-260 USD per month (approximately). Overall, the medical courses in Spain are affordable compared to other countries.
Best MBBS Universities in Spain
- The University of Navarra.
- The University of Valencia.
- The University of Barcelona.
- Pompeo Fabray University.
- The University of Granada.
- The University of Madrid.
Information of MBBS in Spain
|Name of the Course||MBBS|
|Medium of course||English|
|MBBS in Spain duration||6 Years|
|Admission for MBBS in Spain||September|
|Minimum Requirements||70% Required in PCB|
|Fees||₹7 lac – ₹10 lac Per Year (approximately)|
|Living Cost||300 – 400 Euro per Month (approximately)|
MBBS in Spain for Indian Students
- For Indian students, studying MBBS in Spain is affordable and considered safe.
- Studying MBBS in Spain is attractive to students because of its low cost of education, which is reasonable and convincing for them to choose Spain for their medical studies.
- Many of the medical colleges in Spain are approved by the National Medical Committee (NMC) and other reputable medical bodies, ensuring quality education.
- The duration of the MBBS course in Spain is 6 years, with 5 years dedicated to education and 1 year reserved for internship training.
- Most medical colleges in Spain offer MBBS courses in English, making it easier for international students to understand and participate in the program.
- The teachers in MBBS universities in Spain are experienced and well-qualified.
- In Spain universities, students can get admission to MBBS programs without the need for entrance tests.
- Spain provides many options for both international and domestic students who wish to pursue a career in medicine.
- Medical colleges in Spain offer internship programs, and there are excellent laboratory facilities and research opportunities in the medical field.
- Many medical aspirants have the dream of coming to Spain for their medical studies.
- The medium of instruction in medical colleges in Spain can be in English, Spanish, or even bilingual with both languages being used.
- The curriculum taught in these universities follows modern technology and methodologies.
A look at MBBS in Spain
Let’s look at some of the benefits of studying MBBS in Spain for Indian students:
MBBS in Spain is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), allowing Indian students to practice in India after completing their degree.
Medical universities in Spain have collaborations with Spanish schools, providing an internationally recognized and high-quality educational program.
Students pursuing MBBS in Spain may receive financial support from the Spanish government.
The MBBS program in Spain includes 3 stages focused on practical clinical experience, providing valuable hands-on training.
Medical professionals who graduate from MBBS in Spain have been successfully working in different parts of the world, earning a good salary.
The MBBS course in Spain lasts for 5 years and is taught in the English language.
Throughout the study, students undergo a comprehensive and advanced training program as per the standards set by the medical universities in Spain.
MBBS Admission Process in Spain
Here’s a simple step-by-step description of the admission process for applying to the MBBS course in Spain:
Step 1: Registration – Fill out the application form and submit the required documents.
Step 2: Application Fee Payment – Pay the non-refundable application fees.
Step 3: Application Review – Wait for the application review process, which may take a few weeks.
Step 4: Receive an Invitation Letter – If you are eligible, you will receive an invitation letter from the institution via email.
Step 5: Admission Confirmation – Confirm your admission by paying the necessary tuition fees.
Step 6: Visa Process – Apply for a student visa and inform the university about your travel plans.
MBBS in Spain: Requirements
The following are the requirements a student must fulfil to get MBBS admission in Spain.
- To be eligible for the MBBS course in Spain, the candidate must be at least 18 years old when the course begins.
- Before applying for the course, the candidate needs to clear the UCAT test.
- Applicants should have secured good grades in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths subjects.
- NEET exam is mandatory for enrolling in the MBBS course.
- Candidates are required to submit IELTS/TOEFL scores with good grades in English.
Documents Required for Admission
Students must ensure they have all the necessary documents listed below before seeking admission to MBBS in Spain: [The list of documents should be provided.]
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of Mark Sheets (10th and 12th)
- Letter of Recommendation from the previous institute
- Copy of Passport
- Medical Certificate
- NEET Score Card
- Financial Statement
- Statement of Purpose (A legal document by the previous school)
- Passport Size Photographs
MBBS in Spain: Syllabus
During the MBBS course in Spain, the universities and medical colleges cover the following subjects and syllabus:
First Year and Second Year:
- Fundamentals of Medicine (9 weeks)
- Metabolism (3 weeks)
- Human Science and Public Health
- Cardiorespiratory (4 weeks)
- Student Selected Component 1b (2 weeks)
- Brain and Behavior (3 weeks)
- Student Selected Component (2 weeks)
- Human Development (3 weeks)
- Endocrine, Renal, Urology, and Breast
- Musculoskeletal, Health Care of Elderly, and Dermatology
- Cardiology, Respiratory Medicine, and Hematology
- Obstetrics and Genecology, and Pediatrics
- Surgery, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology
- Psychiatry and Neurology
- Emergency Medicine and General Internal Medicine
- Anesthetics and Critical Care
- SSC – Elective Student Assistantship / Shadowing
- Internship Program
Throughout these years, the students will expand their knowledge in these subjects to become proficient medical professionals.