Last Date for MBBS Admission Abroad 2023-24
MBBS is the most sought-after degree chosen by many of the students across the world. Most of the Indian students are showcasing their interest in abroad studies for high-standard education and world-class facilities. Most of the abroad universities offer quality education with a comprehensive curriculum. Indian students seeking to study MBBS abroad must make sure that the selected university is recognized by the NMC. The duration of the MBBS course varies from university to university.
Nowadays MBBS abroad education is becoming popular because of the cost-effectiveness and quality. When compared with Indian private universities the cost of study in MBBS in many abroad universities is very less. In India, some of the private medical colleges are charging as high as Rs 80 lakhs to 1 Cr for MBBS. People who fails to get admission in government colleges and still trying for MBBS can opt to pursue MBBS abroad as it is the economical option.
Every year a large number of students from India opt to study abroad in countries like Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, UK, USA, and other countries. The cost of MBBS abroad ranges from Rs 25 lakhs to Rs 80 lakhs depending on the country and university.
MBBS Abroad Eligibility Criteria
An applicant must be at least 17+ years of age as of 31st December in the year of applying.
Candidates must have studied 10+2/equivalent qualifications from any recognized board with main subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The pass percentage of the candidates must be at least 50% above.
Candidates applying for MBBS abroad must have qualified for the NEET examination with the required cutoff marks. Some foreign universities accept admissions without considering the NEET score.
MBBS Abroad Admission Dates
The commencement of MBBS courses in foreign countries typically commences towards the end of September or October. The entire process of pursuing medical education overseas typically begins in September.
However, it’s important to note that this educational pathway attracts applicants from various nations, and the available seats are limited. Admissions are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, it is crucial for prospective students to submit their applications for admission in July or August to secure their admission in abroad universities.
To ensure a smooth and hassle-free admission process for MBBS programs in foreign countries, it is advisable to apply well in advance. Also, engaging in a conversation with the support team of the medical universities abroad can be beneficial. They can assist you with your queries through their website’s online chat service, providing you with more insights into the overall admission process. The admission process is based on the MBBS abroad universities. Students can check the updates regarding last date for MBBS application abroad and other important details from the respective official portal of the university in which they wish to pursue.
Last Date for MBBS Admission Abroad:
Usually, 2 intakes are available to Study MBBS Abroad. One is Fall Intake and another one is Spring Intake.
Fall Intake is known as September Intake and Spring Intake is known as January Intake.
Few foreign medical universities also provide Summer Intake.
Students seeking to get admission in foreign medical universities can check the university’s application dates from the university’s official website.
After checking the intake, apply before 9 to 12 months of the actual intake period.
So that students will get enough time to manage all the documents, arrange finance in time, and can prepare for backup plans.
MBBS Abroad Intakes – Complete Information
So, here is the information about Last date for MBBS abroad admission for the reference of students who are planning for abroad study.
Full Intake (September to December):
- Full Intake is offered by most universities.
- Almost all courses are available during the Full Intake period.
- Full Intake is highly competitive due to a large number of applicants.
- Numerous scholarship opportunities are accessible during this intake period.
- The last date to apply for MBBS abroad might be ranging from last week of August to middle of September depending on the university.
Spring Intake (January to April/May):
- Spring Intake is available in a large number of universities.
- Many courses are open for enrollment during the Spring Intake.
- In some countries, like Finland, Spring Intake is considered an extension of the Full Intake.
- In Canada and the UK, the January Intake is also referred to as the Winter Intake.
- Competition during spring or winter Intake is generally less intense.
- This intake provides students with more time to prepare for exams such as IELTS, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, etc.
- Students must verify the application dates from the respective university to apply for spring intake. The application dates may differ depending on the university.
Summer Intake (May to August):
- Summer Intake is offered by only a limited number of universities.
- The selection of courses available during the Summer Intake is relatively limited.
- Due to fewer students applying for the Summer Intake, the competition for admissions is generally less intense.