MBBS in the Philippines
MBBS in the Philippines has got a lot of attention from international students. Many Indian students prefer to study MBBS in the Philippines due to various reasons such as high-standard education, quality and recognized degrees, low tuition fees, expert professors, safety, and many other advantages.
Students seeking admission to the MBBS program in the Philippines can check the website of the desired university and apply with all required documents. Candidates must qualify for the NEET exam with the required cutoff marks to get MBBS admission in the Philippines. Candidates with graduate degrees can take direct admission to MBBS in the Philippines. B.Sc completed aspirants can get direct admission to a 4-year MD course.
Medical Course Recognition:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education & Research (FAIMER)
MBBS Course in the Philippines
- Duration of the MBBS course in the Philippines is 5 and 1/2 Years.
- In the first one and a half years, a pre-medical course (called a Bachelor of Science) is taught to the students. In BS courses, students learn Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology, and Biochemistry.
- After the BS Program, the M.D (Doctor of Medicine) course will be started. The first three years of the M.D. course concentrate on Pre-Clinical, General Medicine, Clinical, Para clinical, Surgery, and Specialized subjects such as Obstetrics and gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT, etc.
- The final year of the course is keen for practical training in affiliated hospitals. This is called clinical rotation.
NMAT Entrance Exam for the Philippines
Philippines students seeking to study Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses in the country must qualify for the NMAT (National Medical Admission Test) with the required score. The NMAT in the Philippines is the same as NEET in India. Philippines students must clear the NMAT with a required score to get admission.
Philippines MBBS Syllabus
- The Bachelor of Science course duration is 1 and ½ years. The course curriculum contains the Basics of Psychology and Human Physiology.
- 1st Year covers Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Neuroanatomy, and Histology.
- Microbiology, obstetrics, pharmacology, pathology, parasitology, preventive medicine and community health, and clinical pathology are all topics covered in (2nd) second-year medicine.
- 3rd Year covers radiology, pediatrics, ophthalmology, legal medicine / medical jurisprudence, gynecology, otorhinolaryngology, clinic pathologic conference/special topics in pathology
- The fourth year is a clinical internship where students work with connected hospitals to complete their degrees.
List of MCI-Approved Medical Colleges in the Philippines
|University of Perpetual Help System Dalta
|National Rank 71
|University of Santo Tomas
|National Rank 6
|Central Philippines University
|National Rank 33
|De La Salle Health Sciences Institute
|National Rank 77
|Davao Medical School Foundation
|National Rank 134
|Emilio Aguinaldo College
|National Rank 91
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine
|National Rank 276
|UV Gullas College of Medicine
|National Rank 277
MBBS in Philippines Eligibility Criteria
Students must have completed Plus 2/Intermediate with 50% of the marks in biology, chemistry, and physics.
OBC/SC/ST reservation category candidates have to score at least 40% of marks in Intermediate.
Indian students must have qualified in the NEET examination with the required qualifying marks as per their category.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in the Philippines
- Initially, fill out the Application form from the respective college via its website.
- Upload soft copies of Your HSC Mark Sheet and passport, to apply for a Letter of Permission for Admission from the respective university.
- Receive the admission invitation letter from the university
- After the admission is confirmed by the corresponding university, apply for the Philippines Visa along with all necessary documents.
- Appear for a Personal Visa Interview at the Philippines Embassy along with the invitation letter and other required documents for Visa Approval.
- Travel to the Philippines and join the medical college
Contact Wisdom Overseas for MBBS admission processing in the Philippines. We process admission to your preferred university, block admission, apply for passport and Visa, travel arrangements, and accommodation arrangements.
Philippines Visa Processing
Students seeking to pursue in the Philippines can get a student visa when they complete 18 years.
An applicant who is 17 years old will be issued a Special Study Permit (SSP) with a 6-month expiration.
- A valid passport that is six months over the expected length of stay in the Philippines is required for students.
- Original declaration from Mark, along with one copy.
- At the previous institution of higher learning, a leaving certificate
of birth registration.
- Support affidavit signed by parents or legal guardians
two copies in photo.
- Records transcription
Certificate of moral excellence.
- Reports from medical exams, including x-ray images, psychological evaluations, and police clearance certificates.
- Fully filled-in application form
The documents provided by the applicants must be authorized by the Philippines Government before issuing the Student Visa.
Accommodation and Food in the Philippines
Students migrating to the Philippines for students can get easy accommodation in the hostels of the respective universities. Students can stay in the university hostels or they even can opt for private apartments/hostels.
In the Philippines, many of the universities have hostel facilities. Food and accommodation facilities are provided for international students. The university hostels are safe to stay for students. 24/7 CCTV surveillance will be available in hostels. Girl students moving to the Philippines for studies are absolutely in safe hands.
Indian students can also avail best and authentic Indian food in university hostels. Students will be provided with Vegetarian and non-vegetarian food as per their preference. Special Indian chefs will be associated with university hostels to serve Indian food.