MBBS Mauritius Medical Colleges
Mauritius is a popularly known island situated in the Indian Ocean. This island is also known as the Republic of Mauritius. It is most popular for its beauty and scenic places. The place is well-known and economically strong in the world. This place is especially popular for its scenic beaches and coral reefs. This place is also gaining attention for its quality education. MBBS Mauritius is a best option for aspirants who are seeking pursue medical education. The medical universities are best in infrastructure facilities and providing world-class education. The medical universities are having recognition from prestigious organizations.
MBBS Duration in Mauritius
If you aspire to pursue MBBS, you should be prepared to undertake a 5-year course in Mauritius. The curriculum closely resembles that of the MBBS course in India, as it follows the pattern provided by NMC (National Medical Commission). The first four years of the MBBS program focus on classroom training, while the final year is dedicated to a comprehensive internship program. During this internship, you will gain extensive practical experience by working in various hospitals or healthcare centers affiliated with the medical college or university.
Medium of Teaching
In Mauritius, medical colleges and universities use English as the language of instruction to accommodate both international and national students. To study MBBS there, most institutions require students to show their English language proficiency by submitting IELTS band scores. If you already have a qualifying score, that’s great. But if you don’t, you’ll need to prepare for and achieve the necessary score before applying.
MBBS Intake in Mauritius
In Mauritius, the admission is held in July and February months. That is the admission is accepted twice in a year for MBBS program.
Candidates seeking to get MBBS admission in Mauritius need to have the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have the educational qualification of Plus 2/Intermediate with an aggregate percentage of 60% with main subjects as Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Candidates must qualify the NEET UG examination (compulsory)
- The age limit of the applicants must range from 17 years to 30 years at the time of application.
- Merit candidates having good academic records are given top priority for admissions.
- English language fluency is required.
- Some universities may ask IELTS qualification.
- Applicants should have a strong physical and mental health.
Candidates seeking admission in MBBS in Mauritius must hold the following documents for application.
- A valid passport
- Student VISA
- NEET UG scorecard
- 10th and 12th mark sheets and pass certificates
- Birth certificate
- A medical certificate
- Relevant documents to prove financial stability
- Passport size photographs
- Letter of invitation or acceptance
- Student’s identification documents
MBBS in Mauritius: Admission Procedure
Students seeking to get admission in Mauritius medical colleges must have to follow the procedure given here to apply for their interested university.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university you are seeking to join. Fill up the application form with accurate information. A candidate must have qualified in Plus 2/Intermediate with BIPC as main stream with at least 60% of aggregate marks along with qualifying the NEET exam.
Step 2: Upload the scanned copies of required documents and submit the application form.
Step 3: The concerned university checks the application and other documents uploaded by you.
Step 4: The university concerned persons calls for the applicants for a personal interview and counselling rounds.
Step 5: Interview and counselling rounds will be conducted by the university to offer admission.
Step 6: If a candidate clears the interview process, then they have to provide a medical certificate assuring the physical and mental wellness of the candidate.
Step 7: Along with medical certificate upload all other documents asked by the university after you clear the admission call.
Step 8: After the admission got confirmed by the university, apply for Mauritius Visa to study.
Check for accommodation/hostel and other facilities in Mauritius and fly to Mauritius before the classes starts.
Why Study MBBS in Mauritius?
- The NMC (National Medical Commission) has granted approval to the medical colleges in Mauritius, allowing Indian students to pursue their career as doctors in India.
- Compared to India, the cost of pursuing an MBBS degree in Mauritius is relatively lower.
- The MBBS syllabus in medical colleges in Mauritius adheres to the guidelines set by the Medical Council of India.
- The medium of instruction in Mauritius is English, which facilitates easy understanding of lectures and exam preparation for Indian students, eliminating language barriers.
- The student-teacher ratio is impressive, as medical batches are divided into small groups to ensure personalized attention for each student.
- Mauritius has qualified Indian faculty members who are dedicated to providing assistance and support to MBBS students.
- Studying MBBS in Mauritius is particularly appealing as it eliminates the need for donations during or after the admission procedures.
- Medical colleges in Mauritius prioritize equality and do not tolerate discrimination, taking immediate action to address any untoward situations.
Top Medical Universities in Mauritius
In Mauritius, there are 2 popular Medical universities are presently working.
Anna Medical College
Anna Medical College in Mauritius is affiliated with the University of Technology and offers the MBBS program (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery). The college focuses on providing quality education and also emphasizes the overall development of its students.
SSR Medical College
SSR Medical College is the first-ever medical college established in Mauritius in 1999. It was founded by the Indian Ocean Medical Institute Trust and is named after Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam, the ‘father of the nation.’ The college is known for delivering excellent medical education to its students.
Mauritius Medical Universities Recognition
The Mauritius Medical colleges are approved by the following prestigious organizations.
- N.M.C.: National Medical Commission
- W.H.O: World Health Organization
- FAIMER: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- ECFMG: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- T.E.C: Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- USMLE: United States Medical Licensing Examination
- GAME: Global Alliance for Medical Education
- LMCC: Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada
- SAQA: South African Qualification Authority
- IMED: International Medical Education Directory
MBBS in Mauritius: Advantages
- Aspirants seeking admissions to the MBBS course in Mauritius can be free from donations. No donation/capitation fee required for admission.
- Applicants can get quick response in admission process. The interview/counselling process will be completed in brisk pace by the university.
- Another best advantage one can have is the affordable fee structure. When compared with the other countries, Mauritius Universities charge less.
- If you want to study MBBS in Mauritius, you don’t need to take any entrance exams.
- Indian students can have best Indian food at Mauritius.
- They use excellent teaching methods and modern technologies to provide high-quality education.
- Safety and security are high for international students in Mauritius.
- Students moving to Mauritius for MBBS study can experience the pleasant climatic conditions.
- Mauritius country’s pollution-free environment is very much helpful for happy and health lifestyle.
- Mauritius is a tourist place; students can enjoy the beauty of the country while pursuing MBBS.
- The medical libraries are full of useful resources to help you prepare well for all your exams.
- Annual functions, seminars, symposiums, workshops, and many other activities will be conducted by the university to encourage students while pursuing their course of MBBS.
- Students can participate in co-curricular activities and extend their network.
- Well-equipped labs are where you’ll have your practical classes, which will be really helpful for your theoretical and practical exams.
- If you’re a deserving student, you can also apply for scholarships offered by medical universities.